Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lighthouses

Cape Disappointment Lighthouse: I liked this one the best. It also lies on the most dangerous part of the coast. There are several deaths every year and is the place where the big dog military personnel come to train.


You can't tell from the picture, but there was an extremely steep drop from where I took the picture to the shore below. This place was called Dead Man's Cove.


I thought it would be really cool to climb into. I was having second thoughts when I saw all the spider webs, but William said I had to hurry because the camera was dieing, so if I look scared, it's because I was.



Grays Harbor Lighthouse: this one was a little depressing because it wasn't on the shore line, it was in the middle of the town. Silly us for driving out to the beach thinking the light house would have been out there.



North Head Lighthouse: This was the only lighthouse open to the public to tour. We would have gone up, but we left our money behind and the cool optical lens had been removed.

1 comment: