Friday, October 8, 2010

Summer Projects

We had a lot of summer projects at the Meyers' house this summer. Amy and William were the instigators in getting the horse trailer out of the yard. Thus William and I built a brand new clothes line. William fixed some of the fences closest to the house. Amy, Mom Meyers, and I painted the kitchen yellow, then while everyone was away, I painted the living room, hallway, and boys bathroom. I made some window treatments with the help of Mom Meyers and Amy. The biggest project, however, was building the porch, though William might say the biggest was to clean out the barn.


The old porch was moved into the barn to act as a floor.


Sheila helped dig holes a little. Daniel was given the task of digging most of them though.


Amy mixed concrete, and is now the concrete professional.


Kevin and William laid most of the top boards down while Mom Meyers and I had to get the rest of the boards.


The completed project. Doesn't it make you want to shed tears of joy at the shear beauty? No?! Well, I think it was a major upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment